Origami Easter Bunny Rabbit
This bunny is made in two parts; so you will need a square piece of paper 15 cm x 15 cm (6 inches x 6 inches) for the body and another piece of paper the same size for the head.
TO MAKE THE BODY OF THE RABBIT:
- Fold a square piece of paper from corner to corner through the middle so you have a triangle. Open the paper back out.
- Fold the edges in by taking the lower corner and folding it up so the edge aligns with the fold line you just made along the centre. Make the same fold by bringing the top corner down to the middle. I have drawn the fold lines and direction of the fold on the piece of paper in the following photo:
- Folded, the paper will look like this:
- I have marked two lines across the pointed end to show the next fold lines.
- Fold the pointed end up along the line that is furthest to the left in the photo:
- Then turn the paper over and make a fold along the second line:
- Turn over again, and fold the very tip of the pointed end in:
- Fold in half:
- And stand the folded shape up. This is the body of the rabbit finished.
TO MAKE THE HEAD OF THE RABBIT:
- Fold a square piece of paper corner to corner through the middle so you have a triangle, (as in step 1 above, for making the body of the rabbit, except this time leave the paper folded in a triangle).
- Fold the point of the triangle to touch the base:
- Fold both of the outer points in so the fold is along the edge of the triangle created in the last step. The following photo shows one side being folded up, (do the same on the other side and you will have created a square).
- From the square shape, fold in both of the outer corners again. Do this by taking the outer corner and folding it in so the edge of the paper aligns with the middle line. The following photo shows the right side being folded in, do the same with the left side:
- Fold both tips across and out to form bent ears:
- So it looks like this:
- Turn over and this is the finished rabbit’s head. Attach the head to the pointed tip of the body.
- Add a fluffy cotton-wool tail.
Also try making an origami Bunny Rabbit out of a paper serviette or linen napkin for an Easter-time table setting: https://www.inthekitchenwithmum.com/2014/05/how-to-make-an-easter-bunny-out-of-a-linen-napkin/